Monday, June 27, 2016

Author Gemma Juliana. Letterbox Love Stories, and a Sardinian billionaire romance #WRWBuzz

We’re really excited here at World Romance Writers to announce that our first anthology – Letterbox Love Stories – is now available on pre-order!
helena fairfax, gemma juliana
It’s a special pleasure to introduce Gemma Juliana today, the brainchild behind our international group of authors and our first collaboration.
Congratulations on putting the anthology together, Gemma, and welcome!
Please introduce yourself in a few words and tell us where you live.
It’s lovely to be on the WRW blog today!
I was born in Canada, raised in the Caribbean and educated in Europe, and have lived and travelled all over the world.
I believe international settings add extra romantic spice to a novel. The writer in me is an eternal matchmaker. It brings me great joy to create love stories where two hearts end up beating as one.
These days my home is in the USA. I share a cozy cottage with my true love, our teen son, and a crafty dog who rules us all. My muse is nourished with the finest fuel for creativity—chocolate and coffee—and I may add champagne to the list!
What genre do you write?
I write across genres in the same way I read anything that catches my interest. I wrote a series of suspenseful sheikh romance novellas, Sheikhs of the Golden Triangle. They are spicier than the books I’ve been writing the past two years. My stories are sensuous and often contain mystical elements such as ghosts, wizards and the supernatural as they feature into everyday life. I particularly love doing novellas and novelettes for anthologies, and have several coming out this year.
Please tell us about your story for the Letterbox Love Stories anthology.
Photo courtesy of Heinz-Josef Lücking, via Wikimedia Commons
Abandoned Treasures


The love story of Sophie and Rico unfolds on the stunning Mediterranean island of Sardinia. Sophie is a Las Vegas reality TV star. She gambles on purchasing the contents of abandoned storage units and hopes she’ll find treasures instead of trash. She has a special gift. When she touches things, she “sees” the item’s past. Reclusive billionaire Rico di Carlo sends his private jet for the treasured item he bought from her, and insists she accompany it to the Costa Smeralda. Sophie falls fast and hard for Rico, but doesn’t trust herself when it comes to choosing men. Rico—a man with secrets—has one week to convince her to stay with him in Sardinia. Forever.
Why did you choose this setting?

Our anthology started as European by definition and morphed a bit further into International. Several stories were set in France, Greece and Italy—the three countries I was most likely to choose. I’ve always been intrigued with Sardinia and a bit of research convinced me that it’s one of the most romantic places in Europe, and still largely under the radar when it comes to romance stories.
Photo courtesy of Pixabay


Where is your favourite place in the world?
I’ve always been a travel bug, so that’s an impossible question to answer! Let me say Ireland has a very special place in my heart, along with its ancient gods and goddesses. I love all the European countries that open onto the Mediterranean, and believe they are unbeatable when it comes to romance. The country I most want to visit right now is Iceland. When I can’t travel, I enjoy travel shows.


What is your idea of the perfect holiday?
Sardinia - photo courtesy of Pixabay
My Fantasy Self: Being on a small luxury cruise ship that calls at all the ports I want to see in Europe and stays in each port until I’m ready to move on.
In reality, I love travel adventures that speak to me either by way of cultural or archaeological sites and magical places. For instance, a trip to the UK for me would include Stonehenge, Avebury, Tintagel and some fields with crop circles.

No matter where I go, my muse goes into overdrive. Travel is a great stimulant for creative thinking, so I always keep a notepad and pen handy.
What sources do you use for inspiration in your writing?
Aromatherapy, a cup of coffee, magazines, news headlines, snippets of overheard conversations, chats with friends and family… I find inspiration comes from the strangest of places. Often I’ll have an epiphany while chopping veggies or soaking in the tub!
What do you do when you aren’t writing?
There are always chores at home. I’ve orchestrated my younger son’s homeschooling education which is now coming to an end. I do our bookkeeping and attend fairs and expos with my husband, and enjoy making jewellery, reading and cooking. I consult for a small loyal group of clients.
Where do you write, and why does that spot work for you?
I set up my laptop on a breakfast tray on my bed and work there, surrounded by crystals and statues that speak to my soul. The view of trees outside inspires me, and the fan overhead cools me. Most of all, it’s a place where I have silence.
If you had to marry someone from film, books, or television, who would that be?
Oh my. Really? Shrek, a true chivalrous gentleman who loves his gal. If it must be a human, Rick Steves so I can travel the world forever!
Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes, I absolutely do! Sometimes it is only recognized later for what it was, but that certain “knowing” that this is the soul you’ve been waiting to meet is real. I’ve been there.

Here is the blurb for:
ABANDONED TREASURES by Gemma Juliana
What do a reality TV star and a Sardinian billionaire have in common? Sophie Hayes is jaded from years of buying and selling the contents of abandoned storage units, so after dumping her fiancé she decides the best way to spend what would have been her honeymoon is to accept an invitation to deliver a rare antique desk to Rico di Carlo. The reclusive widower has secrets—when he lures Sophie into his world he has one week to make sure she never wants to leave.

Your social links:
LETTERBOX LOVE STORIES VOLUME I
FOLLOW Our Twitter Hashtag: #WRWbuzz

I love meeting readers and authors, so please visit my website where you can sign up for special offers, and see what I’ve written and what’s coming soon. 

* * *

Gemma's Sardinian romance is part of the Letterbox Love Stories anthology - on pre-order now!





* * *

Thanks so much for joining us, Gemma. We can't wait to read your story!

f you have any questions for Gemma, or any comments at all, please let us know by visiting us on Facebook or at the WRW Reader's Group. We'd love to hear from you!

Tweet: World Romance Writers: Author Gemma Juliana, Letterbox Love Stories, and a Sardinian billionaire romance http://worldromancewriters.blogspot.com/2016/06/author-gemma-juliana-letterbox-love.html #WRWBuzz